2015 marks David Gorin’s 28th full year of service to the RV park and campground industry. Since 1987, he’s served 14 years as the President and CEO of the National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds (1987 to 2001) and David Gorin & Associates is entering its 12th year as one of the industry’s leading consulting companies.
Some of the many highlights of David’s work with David Gorin & Associates include…
- 9 years as one of ARVC’s Washington government affairs representatives.
- 9 years of managing and building the Virginia Campground Association.
- Serving over 130 clients – developers, investors, park owners and aspiring owners
- Authoring a monthly column “Inside the Beltway” for Woodall’s Campground Management.
- Authoring numerous articles for Park & Recreation Trends, Resort Trends,and RV Business.
- Conducting the 2002 and 2006 National Economic Survey for ARVC
- Serving on the School of RV Park & Campground Board of Regents (2002 to 2007) and as an instructor at the school each year since its founding in 1994.
- Creation of Best Parks in America
Some of the many highlights of David’s leadership of National ARVC included…
- The creation of the National School of RV Park & Campground Management
- The revitalization of Go Camping America and the creation of www.GoCampingAmerica.com.
- The formalization of the Certified Park Operator program and the establishment of the curriculum and structure of the program.
- Growing the association’s budget from $300,000 in 1987 to $1.5 million in 2001.
- The purchase of an association headquarters building in Falls Church, VA.
- The creation of the In Sites convention brand that has identified ARVC’s annual convention since the late 1990s.
- The development of a highly visible Washington government affairs program including the Annual National Issues Conference, the ARVC Public Service Award, and the ARVC Chairman’s Club.
- The development of a strategic plan that created the Council of Delegates and the ARVC Business Forum.
- Creating the biennial National Economic & Operations Study of the Park Industry